Here is a selection of Q&As from Your Bristol and Somerset Wedding magazine whether it be about flowers, hair and makeup, fashion, wedding themes, health & beauty, cakes, stationery, legal advice. If you would like your question answered by our experts, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more expert advice on a different topic, please select one from the list below.
Q. We want to get married in a marquee, but there's so much to plan! Can you give us a checklist of things to remember?
A. Hayley Horsfall says: Here are our top tips for organising al fresco nuptials:
- Location. A marquee can be installed just about anywhere, but it does require adequate space. Bear in mind the positioning and what it will be overlooking.
- Guest numbers. The beauty of this type of wedding is that it can accommodate as many or as few people as you'd like. Just remember that the more guests you have, the bigger the structure you'll need, which can bring the cost up.
- Style. Decide on the overall look and feel you'd like to create when making your choice.
Would you prefer a classic frame marquee or a more traditional pole marquee? Tipis and stretch tents look great for a relaxed festival theme.
- Surface. A flat surface is best, but sloped terrains are manageable with cassette or hard flooring. If the tent is on grass, make sure it's cut before installation. Always think about walkways and access for your loved ones – especially those in heels!
- Catering. Ask your caterers what facilities they need. This could be a separate tent, water supply, electricity, etc.
- Power. There are lots of aspects that'll require power, such as lighting, music and caterers. You may need to bring in a generator.
- Toilets. If you've chosen a secluded spot in a field, then a toilet trailer will be an essential.
- The extras. You may like to look into extra cover to shelter from the rain or sun. Depending on your day, you may need a dancefloor, stage, bar area, chill-out zone or exterior lighting.
When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your Bristol and Somerset Wedding when making any enquiries.