When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your Bristol and Somerset Wedding when making any enquiries.
1. Remember your hair on your wedding day is a 360-degree style. The camera will catch you at every angle. During your wedding hair practice sessions take photos of the front, back and both sides. Once you're happy with every aspect of the hairstyle, you will have peace of mind that every picture taken on the day is a winning shot!
2. Try not to have too much hair around your face on the day. Too much hair around your face can cause havoc whilst having photos taken outside. The last thing you need is your favourite image spoilt by fly away hairs and lip gloss catch. Too many pieces left out in the front can also cause shadowing on you face, so Brides, limit the pull downs!
3. Wash your hair dry and at least 24 hours before the big day. Your hair will hold better if it's not freshly shampooed. If your worried your hair will not look fresh, especially on the roots, shampoo your hair the night before by following these steps...... First shampoo on dry hair and rinse, then do a 2nd shampoo as normal. Then only use a spray conditioner mid lengths to ends.
4. Look at red carpet looks for inspiration. Turn to the big screen for ideas as these are often perfect styles for wedding hair. From saying your vows, to shaking your grooves on the dance floor, choose a style that will give longevity.
5. Choose a hairstyle that compliments your dress. For traditional or structured silk and satin dresses and higher neckline styles, opt for a top knot style - think J-Lo. For a more laid back vintage lace and flowing dress style, choose a chignon, or low slung messy bun - think Kate Middleton. For a backless or strap free evening style gown, go for hair half up and half down - think Blake lively.
"Most of your photos will show your hair," say Abby and Karly. "Your hair is what your guests will notice second to your dress, so it's just as important to get right. Plan and prep for your hair as much as you would your dress and it will pay off."
Scrun is 12.50 available at www.bywhu.com
Unlike a national magazine, Your Bristol and Somerset Wedding is packed with area specific features, venues in your area, inspirational real weddings and regular features on bridal fashion, beauty, photography, cars, stationery, flowers, cakes, music, entertainment, catering, hair & beauty, etc.
So when you decide to look for local suppliers, wedding retailers and service providers, our magazines can really help you plan your wedding.
We also have regular exciting competitions and giveaways, expert question & answer pages and lots more. Quite simply, all the information you will ever need to get married in your area.
We have 19 wedding titles covering counties and regions throughout most of England and Wales.
Your Bristol and Somerset Wedding is available to purchase as a high quality printed magazine or, if you prefer, as an eMagazine.
Titles covering other areas are available here