When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your Bristol and Somerset Wedding when making any enquiries.
We asked Somerset make-up artist Jane Dare of Eye Do Makeup how to keep your wedding make-up looking great all day...
Here are my top tips to keeping your beauty look flawless all day...
- Skincare prep is key. A regular routine and exfoliating twice a week will give a smooth finish. Poorly hydrated skin draws moisture from your foundation, leaving you with uneven patches of pigment.
- A quality primer blends out imperfections and creases, making make-up last longer. Choose oil-free or water-based to prevent slipping and always prime your eyelids.
- Use lightweight powders to match your liquid foundation. Build both up in thin layers and choose a cream blusher. Stipple products on to your face using a buffing brush. This technique locks products to the skin. Use a setting spray to finish.
- Dip your eyeshadow brush in priming spray before applying product – especially with shimmery eyeshadow. This holds down the pigment and gives a natural, glossy effect. Opt for waterproof mascara and eyeliner; I recommend Stila eyeliners.
- For lips, use a translucent powder before your liner. Then, apply lipstick with a brush. Blot and repeat this several times. A touch of gloss in the centre of your lips will power up the look.
- Pat translucent powder into oily areas during the day.
Jane Dare | Eye Do Makeup | www.eyedomakeup.co.uk
Image courtesy of www.shootingpixels.net
To help you find inspiration for your big day, take a look at what's caught the eye of our editors.
There are literally hundreds of ideas, products and services from wedding suppliers across the UK along with links to their web sites as pointed out by our ever resourceful team.
Take a look at what our Editors Love!