We asked Somerset make-up artist Jane Dare of Eye Do Makeup how to keep your wedding make-up looking great all day...
Here are my top tips to keeping your beauty look flawless all day...
- Skincare prep is key. A regular routine and exfoliating twice a week will give a smooth finish. Poorly hydrated skin draws moisture from your foundation, leaving you with uneven patches of pigment.
- A quality primer blends out imperfections and creases, making make-up last longer. Choose oil-free or water-based to prevent slipping and always prime your eyelids.
- Use lightweight powders to match your liquid foundation. Build both up in thin layers and choose a cream blusher. Stipple products on to your face using a buffing brush. This technique locks products to the skin. Use a setting spray to finish.
- Dip your eyeshadow brush in priming spray before applying product – especially with shimmery eyeshadow. This holds down the pigment and gives a natural, glossy effect. Opt for waterproof mascara and eyeliner; I recommend Stila eyeliners.
- For lips, use a translucent powder before your liner. Then, apply lipstick with a brush. Blot and repeat this several times. A touch of gloss in the centre of your lips will power up the look.
- Pat translucent powder into oily areas during the day.
Jane Dare | Eye Do Makeup | www.eyedomakeup.co.uk
Image courtesy of www.shootingpixels.net
Unlike a national magazine, Your Bristol and Somerset Wedding is packed with area specific features, venues in your area, inspirational real weddings and regular features on bridal fashion, beauty,
hair & beauty, etc.
So when you decide to look for local suppliers, wedding retailers and service providers, our magazines can really help you plan your wedding.
We also have regular exciting competitions and giveaways, expert question & answer pages and lots more. Quite simply, all the information you will ever need to get married in your area.
We have 19 wedding titles covering counties and regions throughout most of England and Wales. Your Bristol and Somerset Wedding is available to download for free as a high quality eMagazine. Titles covering other areas are available here.