Each time customers shop at smile.amazon.co.uk, Amazon will donate a percentage of the purchase price for millions of products at no additional cost to customers or the charities they select.
Customers can now choose from 10 major UK charities, including Cancer Research UK, The British Red Cross, and the Royal British Legion, with enrolment opening to all UK charities registered with the Charity Commission next year.
In the U.S, Amazon has donated over $62 million to charities through AmazonSmile since its launch four years ago.
Customers who visit smile.amazon.co.uk will find the exact same Amazon they know and love. They'll enjoy the same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience - but with an added bonus that Amazon will donate a 0.5% of the net purchase price of eligible products (excluding VAT, shipping fees, and returns) to one of ten charities that customers can choose from. The more customers use smile.amazon.co.uk, the more charities will receive in donations from Amazon, all at no additional cost to customers, vendors, sellers or participating charities.
"We're offering a simple way for customers to support good causes ahead of the busiest shopping period of the year," said Doug Gurr, UK Country Manager, Amazon.
"Over time, we hope to see similar success here as in the US, where over $62 million has been donated to over 230,000 charities since launching."
Customers can pick from a variety of causes including:
1. British Red Cross - Enables vulnerable people in the UK and overseas to prepare for, withstand and recover from emergencies in their communities
2. Cancer Research UK - Pioneering research to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
3. Magic Breakfast - Delivers healthy breakfasts to schools in disadvantaged areas of the UK, to ensure that no child starts their day too hungry to learn
4. Marie Curie - Provides care and support for people living with any terminal illness, and their families
5. The Royal British Legion - Provides lifelong support for the Armed Forces community - serving men and women, veterans, and their families
6. Royal Manchester Children's Hospital Charity - Provides specialist healthcare services for children and young people throughout the North West, as well as nationally and internationally
7. RSPCA - Specialises in animal rescue & furthering the welfare cause for all animals
8. Save the Children - Works to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm in the UK and around the world
9. Scottish Women's Aid - Working towards the prevention of domestic abuse in Scotland
10. Stonewall - Campaigns for the equality of lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people
For more information about how you can support good causes through your Amazon purchases, visit smile.amazon.co.uk
When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your Bristol and Somerset Wedding when making any enquiries.
Unlike a national magazine, Your Bristol and Somerset Wedding is packed with area specific features, venues in your area, inspirational real weddings and regular features on bridal fashion, beauty, photography, cars, stationery, flowers, cakes, music, entertainment, catering, hair & beauty, etc.
So when you decide to look for local suppliers, wedding retailers and service providers, our magazines can really help you plan your wedding.
We have 19 wedding titles covering counties and regions throughout most of England and Wales. This magazine covers Bristol and Somerset
Your Bristol and Somerset Wedding is available to purchase as a high quality printed magazine or, if you prefer, as an eMagazine.
Titles covering other areas are available here