When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your Bristol and Somerset Wedding when making any enquiries.
After the initial excitement of getting engaged, you then face the huge challenge of actually planning the day! But where do you start? We asked Radhika Nathwani of Radhika & You, Bristol's luxury wedding planners...
- First, you'll need to have an idea on your guest numbers, as this will help when looking at venues.
- Don't underestimate the time it takes to find suppliers, get quotations and book. Ideally, you'll want to give yourself 12 to 18 months to plan.
- Book your key suppliers as soon as you can. Venues, caterers, photographers, videographers, florists and make-up artists all get booked up months, if not a year, in advance. You don't want to miss out on your first choice.
- As soon as you finalise your wedding date and venue, send out save-the-date cards to your friends and family.
- In the initial stages, it's good to think about your budget. It's daunting, but the earlier you do this, the easier it is to make decisions. It also helps to prioritise what's most important.
- Allow yourself a 10 per cent buffer on top of your ideal budget. You'll find that along the way you'll opt for larger floral arrangements or more courses for your evening meal, which will increase the total spend.
- Magazines, Pinterest and Instagram will become your inspiration heaven – but remember to keep your budget in mind, as it's easy to get swept away.
- You may find you get opinions from various loved ones, and there are lots of decisions to be made. Just remember it's your big day and you won't be able to please everyone.
- It's easy to get in the habit of doing wed-min after work and on the weekends, so try to plan date nights every so often to spend some wedding-free time together.
- Organising your dream day is very time-consuming and often becomes stressful for couples. If you're combining it with a busy work and social life, it may be worth getting an expert on board who can make it a breeze.
Radhika & You | www.radhikaandyou.com
Unlike a national magazine, Your Bristol and Somerset Wedding is packed with area specific features, venues in your area, inspirational real weddings and regular features on bridal fashion, beauty, photography, cars, stationery, flowers, cakes, music, entertainment, catering, hair & beauty, etc.
So when you decide to look for local suppliers, wedding retailers and service providers, our magazines can really help you plan your wedding.
We also have regular exciting competitions and giveaways, expert question & answer pages and lots more. Quite simply, all the information you will ever need to get married in your area.
We have 19 wedding titles covering counties and regions throughout most of England and Wales.
Your Bristol and Somerset Wedding is available to purchase as a high quality printed magazine or, if you prefer, as an eMagazine.
Titles covering other areas are available here