Perricone MD's director of education expalins how to retain that youthful look
Perricone’s MD High Potency, Essential Fx Acyl-Glutathione, Neuropeptide and Cold Plasma Plus+ skincare collections harmoniously help to reduce the visible signs of ageing. Supercharged by active skincare ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and patented Acyl-Glutathione, each formula is designed to work symbiotically with the skin and other Perricone MD products.
Whether you’re looking to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, promote a lifted, supple effect or a unified skin tone, the assortment of creams, serums and treatments work together to create a radiant complexion.
Here, Perricone MD's director of education, Rosalba Martone, offers her expert advice on how to look younger...
- Drinking plenty of water, but not just plain water, electrolytes. These minerals work wonders on keeping the body and skin hydrated, but also help to provide mental clarity, calmness and sustained energy.
- Omega 3 Supplements are game-changing! They help restore our hydration from the inside, out, along with promoting incredible youthful radiance. The more hydrated the skin, the more plumpness we see, and the more plumpness we see, the less fine lines and wrinkles we see. They also have tremendous benefits for hair and nail growth, cardiovascular health, metabolism, healthy weight loss and/or weight maintenance and calmness.
- Many underestimate the power of a routine, especially a morning and evening routine. It doesn't have to be 10 steps long- but it's imperative to properly cleanse the skin daily, get a corrective serum on the skin followed with an appropriate moisturiser. Also, we never want to forget an eye cream and neck cream. These are two areas of the skin that show signs of aging first. Have you heard us say, don't let your neck reveal your age? Well, it's true!
- Exfoliating 1-2x per week allows us to remove a build-up of dead skin cells so that products can easily absorb into the skin and do what they're designed to do.
- Face oils. I can't stress this one enough- simply adding a well-formulated face oil as your last step after moisturising nightly will add so many incredible benefits- optimal hydration and moisturisation, youthful radiance and suppleness, and a reduction in texture.
- I have two top tips when it comes to makeup application number one: opt for foundations that are a natural finish (if you're more oily) or a dewey finish (if you're more normal to dry). Matte finishes instantly age us all.
- Never apply mascara or eyeline to the bottom lashline. This automatically draws the eye down when someone is looking at you. When we keep mascara and eye liner to the top lashline only, it draws the eye up, giving an illusion of lift.
Check out https://www.perriconemd.co.uk